Closed wound drainage systems(2)
1. Do not suture through,cut,nick.tear or damage the drains as this may lead to breakage.
2. Do not use with any other suction vacuum source other than the 100cc/ml,200cc/ml or 400cc/ml reservoir.
1. Possible risks include inflection and inflammation.Prior to the surgery,the patient should be informed of such risks and complications that may occur depending on the patient degree of intolerance to any object placed into the body.A drain left in a patient for any period of time allows for tissue ingrowth around and into the drain which can cause breakage and discomfort upon removal.
Reservoir Initial Testing
For bulb reservoir (medline),please follow the instructions/diagram below.For other vendor reservoir,please refer to the vendor’s instructions.
1. Remove Reservoir(D) from packaging and test for efficacy as follows:
A. Fully compress Reservoir(D)
B. Close Disposal Port(C and A)
C. Occlude patient port(B and E) and release Reservoir(D).
D. If Vacuum is effective,Reservoir(D) should remain compressed.If Reservoir(D) expands,It should be discarded.
Drain Connection/Drainage Placement
Place drain in wound site,ensuring that all holes,Channels,or Ducts are located within the wound site.
1. Attach the drain or adaptor to the reservoir via patient port(B).
2. For Dual drain connections (400cc/ml bulb only):attach second drain or adaptor to patient Port2(E).
3. Firmly compress reservoir (D) to evacuate air.
4. Close Disposal Port(C) with screw Cap(A).
5. Release Reservoir(D)-the closed wound drainage system is now active.
Reservoir should be located at patient level or below drain exit for adequate suction to be maintained.Drainage should be monitored such that reservoir is not filled to excess.
Please refer to your hospital policy for correct disposal of this device and its contents.
Risks Associated with Reuse
The wound drainage system devices are not validated for reuse. The design of the device does not facilitate cleaning and can result in an increased risk of infection if not properly decontaminated.The device may not perform as intended by the manufacturer if reused,resterilized,or decontaminated.Reuse of the product may result in material degradation resulting in a device failure.